Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies



I've been absent from my blog for a bit.  I have no GOOD excuse, so I won't make one... I've just been busy *shrugs*.

It's football time around here again for Caleb (two weeks left!) and we're also getting all ready for our Halloween party coming up in a week and a half.  Fall break starts today for the kiddos and they're super excited to have a few days off from school.  I'm hoping we make it to a corn maze this week.  We go every October!

I've been canning up a storm round these parts!  I've been blessed to have received fresh produce from several different people who had excess, so I've had a lot of impromptu canning days!  I've done peach slices, peach-lemonade concentrate, peach-maple syrup, apple pie filling, beet jelly, pickled beets, dill relish, apple steak sauce, green salsa, jalapeno pepper jelly, plums and tomatoes this past month.  I'm sure I'm forgetting something... I've done A LOT of canning!  I'm working on a canning e-book as well, but at this pace I should just plan on releasing it for canning season next year!

I'm loving the autumn weather!  Cool nights and warm days are fabulous!  I also love fall foods!  I use my crockpot at least twice a week in the fall and winter!  Today as I was smelling the delightful dish simmering in the crockpot I decided we needed a fall dessert as well.  I love pumpkin desserts!  Can't you feel the love? ;)

Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies

1 1/2 c. butter, softened
2 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. white sugar
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 c. flour
2 c. quick-cooking oats
4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 c. chocolate chips 

Mix well.  Bake on ungreased cookie sheets or baking stones at 375 for 10-12 minutes.   This recipes makes a lot!